Host a Ride & Drive at Your Workplace
What is a Ride & Drive?
Dozens of companies and organizations in the Rochester area are teaming up with ROC EV and holding fun, interactive Ride & Drive EV programs for their employees.
With a Ride & Drive, employers throughout the region can host an “EV day” for their workforce. For these events, ROC EV brings up to eight different EV models to your place of work, and employees get the unique chance to try each different model, compare and contrast, and learn about EV technology firsthand!
Our Ride & Drive events are fun and engaging, giving people an easy opportunity to experience a diverse lineup of plug-in vehicles at a single event. Employees will learn about the benefits of driving electric, and employers have the chance to show their commitment to the community.
Ride & Drives give businesses the chance to set the example and encourage their employees to drive electric. Through our research, ROC EV has found that over 85 percent of participants have never driven an EV before attending a Ride & Drive. Importantly, the portion of people who consider themselves “likely” or “very likely” to purchase an EV increases by 15 percent after having test driven a vehicle at our Ride & Drive events. This represents a significant opportunity for your company to increase the number of employees that drive electric, decreasing their oil consumption, reducing emissions, and lifting the burden of spending on gasoline for their daily commute.
Signing up is easy!
We are excited to help you organize the perfect Ride & Drive for your workplace, and ROC EV takes care of 90 percent of planning, set-up, staffing, management, and tear-down for your event. In most cases, the role of the employer is simple. For example:
- Pick a date and time that works well for the employees at your company.
- Work with facilities at your company to approve the event and notify ROC EV of approval, once obtained.
- Get the word out to employees through every available mechanism. We suggest:
- Intranet posting (where available).
- Direct email to employees.
- Physical flyers posted around the workplace.
- Announcing at weekly, monthly, or quarterly meetings.
- Offer some type of incentive to encourage attendance. Many times, this can be as simple as providing lunch outside near the Ride & Drive, so employees have an extra reason to come enjoy the day and experience EVs.
From there, leave the rest up to ROC EV! We will organize the vehicles, set up and staff the event, and ensure that your employees have a one-of-a-kind Ride & Drive experience.
Contact ROC EV to schedule your Ride & Drive today!